A recessed chin is a very common issue for patients. It can affect the profile, the appearance of the nose, and the appearance of the neck. Simply, correcting the recessed chin can have a very beneficial effect on the overall appearance. It can sometimes make a larger nose appear smaller, a neck appear more youthful, and of course makes the chin look better. All of these combined to give a more pleasing appearance. The standard approach for correcting a recessed chin has always been a chin implant, which is a simple, safe, and highly effective option. However, now we have options that may be more simple and quite effective that don’t involve surgery, per se. The first is Voluma, which has recently been approved by the FDA for an injection into the skin. Voluma is a safe injectable filler we have been using for many years on other parts of the face. It lasts anywhere from 1-2 years and also happens to be reversible if a patient is not satisfied. Another injectable would be the patient’s own fat. This can be harvested easily through a small needle opening and fat then processed and injected through a small needle opening for a very nice result, using the patient’s own tissue. Fat provides a more permanent solution when compared to Voluma. Now we have many options for the recessed chin, which happens to be a very common concern among patients.
Archive for the ‘facial rejuvenation’ Category
Feel like you’re looking different as you age but can’t quite pinpoint why? It could be due to subtle changes in facial asymmetry. In this Weekly Dose of Beauty, our article discusses how facial asymmetry increases over time, what’s affected most, and how it relates to facial rejuvenation.
- Facial Asymmetry Increases with Age: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/10/181030134339.htm
The lower face and neck face some challenges of their own as we age. As time passes and the skin begins to lose its elasticity, you’ll want to pay special attention to this area to make sure you look your youngest. In this Weekly Dose of Beauty, our selected article discusses what lower face and neck problems you should look out for, and the products and procedures to treat them.
- The One Part of Your Face You Should Never Neglect: https://www.newbeauty.com/hottopic/blogpost/10694-lower-face-anti-aging-solutions/
Microneedling: the name may sound scary but this minimally-invasive skin treatment procedure is virtually painless and achieves some great results for wrinkle reduction, collagen production and overall anti-aging. Check out this selected Weekly Dose of Beauty article and learn more about our newest procedure at MD Skincare.
- 7 Benefits of Microneedling, the Hottest Skincare Trend: https://www.rd.com/health/beauty/microneedling-benefits/
Contact our offices for a consultation to learn if microneedling might be the right treatment for you.
Retinol: it’s not just for acne, anymore. You may be familiar with how the product helps clear difficult acne. But retinol has increasingly become an important part of many people’s regular skin regimens—and it’s becoming more popular in peel form, as well. Find out how retinol peels work, how they’re different from the peels you may be more familiar with, and how they could help you have fresher, healthier-looking skin.
- Retinol Peels Are the Super-Potent Anti-Aging Treatment That’s Trending Now:
Here just in time for Father’s Day!… Look out, Mommy Makeovers, here comes Dad! Find out, in this Weekly Dose of Beauty, why more of today’s dads are choosing to have plastic surgery procedures.
- Your Dad Might Be Interested in Plastic Surgery- Here’s Why: https://www.newbeauty.com/hottopic/blogpost/10984-older-men-requesting-plastic-surgery/
- What Our Moms Taught Us About Beauty: http://www.dermstore.com/blog/7-beauty-tips-from-moms/
Wishing all of our moms here a wonderful, meaningful Mother’s Day!
Men who are thinking of getting cosmetic procedures may be pleased to know, they’re not alone in their interest. An increasing number of men are turning to aesthetic plastic surgery and less invasive cosmetic treatments to deal with a variety of anti-aging issues, skin conditions and other challenges. In this Weekly Dose of Beauty, find out what are today’s top five requested treatments for men:
- Men Explore the World of Cosmetic Procedures: Top 5 Requested Treatments:
Looking for a way to treat fine lines, wrinkles, acne-scarring, skin texture and tone? You might not need an invasive procedure to get the more youthful look you want. Discover how radio frequency procedures can help improve your skin, in our latest Weekly Dose of Beauty article.
- Women are zapping their faces with radio waves instead of plastic surgery: http://nypost.com/2017/03/09/women-are-zapping-their-faces-with-radio-waves-instead-of-plastic-surgery/
Hot new product alert! In this Weekly Dose of Beauty, find out the skinny on the Smart Profile Uplift from Clarisonic, which combines sonic cleansing with skin-firming benefits to power up your anti-aging skincare routine.
- The Newest Launch from Clarisonic Is About to Make You Look Years Younger: https://www.newbeauty.com/blog/dailybeauty/10546-clarisonic-smart-profile-uplift-launch-review/