Whether it’s summer vacation or a winter getaway, time in the sun promises relaxation… and exposure to harmful UV rays. So how do you protect yourself from sun damage, and help your skin retain that fresh glow all year round? How can you get the best, long-lasting results from your plastic surgery and still enjoy the great outdoors? How do you reverse the effects of the sun’s sizzle once it’s left its mark?
Here at the offices of Dr. Leo McCafferty, we know the secret to beautiful, healthy skin comes from protection, prevention, and treatments tailored to your active schedule and budget…
The Skinny on Skin Protection
Most people know it’s important to use a sunscreen against the sun’s UV rays. But did you know?…
- The trick to effective sunscreen coverage is reapplication. Perspiration, swimming and other outdoor activities can erode sunscreen. This is why it’s important to reapply sunscreen every two hours for proper coverage. While wearing sunscreen may be difficult if you wear makeup, don’t go without– consider using a tinted moisturizer with at least an SPF 15.
- Not all hats are made equal. A broad-brimmed, tightly-woven hat is a smart choice to shield yourself from the sun’s rays. Baseball caps may seem effective, but don’t offer enough protection for the sides of the face and ears.
- Use a different sunscreen for your face than the rest of your body. While there are a number of good sunscreens available over-the-counter for the body, your face may require special protection, particularly for patients undergoing chemical peels and other skin treatments– or before and after plastic surgery. Quality protection is critical to ensure the best results. We have five different types of sunscreen available to help protect the face; these don’t contain the harmful perfumes of standard sunscreens, which can interact with some skin treatments and cause inflammation. Contact us for the sunscreen right for you!
From Sun Damage to Sensational
If your skin is currently sun damaged, you might worry your complexion will never shine again. But even patients who practically live outdoors have rediscovered a fresh healthy look through our customized skincare treatments. Here’s how…
- Working Together to Treat the Whole Patient. As one of the first aesthetic surgery offices in the Pittsburgh region to offer skincare as a part of overall patient health, we know: treating the patient as a whole means better results, great value, and happier patients. So what does this mean to you? This means we take the time to evaluate your lifestyle, schedule, and needs. We evaluate the products you use, and see how they’re working for you—or are they working? Bring in your products and we’ll discuss it. Why continue to purchase products that aren’t helping you achieve the results you want? We’ll work with you to make sure your skincare regimen is effective, not burdensome, and provides real benefit to you.
- Education To Help You Achieve the Skin You Love. Once we discuss your goals, lifestyle, and evaluate your products, we will then design a treatment plan for you to fit your needs and daily life. You’ll leave our office with helpful information to guide you on your skincare routine– both morning and night. This will save you time, and increase your confidence, as we work together toward healthier skin.
- Medically-Supervised Options for Safe, Beautiful Results. While salons or spas offer skincare treatments, as certified plastic surgeons, we also provide a wide range of effective, medically-supervised skin care treatments. You’ll relax with treatments you can trust!
Solid protection, effective treatments, and customized skincare plans that help you not only achieve healthy skin, but gain the most value from your choices…
Looking your best has never been easier. Come on in and discuss your skincare goals.
Mention this blog post when you make your appointment and receive a complimentary sunscreen along with your one-on-one educational consultation.