- Drink up. Keeping your body hydrated during the winter is super important. 6-8 glasses of water per day.
- Try to stick with lukewarm water in your shower or bath. Hot water can take the natural oils out of your skin and make you feel even dryer.
- Take extra care of your face and body. Stay away from harsh soaps and try using a gentle cleanser or cleansing cream. Exfoliation once a week is good but over exfoliation can strip the skin. Apply a balm or moisturizing oil to the skin before bed. Stick to a lotion during the day as it absorbs better into the skin before applying clothing.
- Don’t forget about your lips. The lips hold in less moisture than the rest of your body. Try using a lip moisturizer like, Babylips, Burt’s Bees, or Elta UV Lip Moisturizer. If lips are extremely dry try brushing them lightly with an old toothbrush to remove dead skin buildup.
- Using a humidifier in your bedroom or sitting area can add extra moisture which can benefit not only your skin, but overall dryness to sinuses and the rest of the body.
Posts Tagged ‘lipbalm’
“Pucker up this Valentine’s Day with these tips to keep your lips soft and hydrated:
- Make a homemade lip scrub. Apply three drops of olive oil to brown or white sugar and massage into lips to exfoliate-away dead skin build-up. Add a drop of vanilla for an extra treat.
- Dry brush your lips with a toothbrush to help cell turnover.
- Always wear a lip SPF. Even in winter, they need to be protected.
- Don’t forget to moisturize your pout daily. I’m in love with Baby Lips by Maybelline, Elta UV Lip Balm, and Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm. When all else fails, you can always just grab a little Vaseline out of the medicine cabinet to help heal and protect dry chapped lips.”
Happy Valentine’s Day!
You may have heard about the class action lawsuit against the EOS brand of lipbalms, where individuals claim the balm caused cracking and blistering of the lips. So how safe is EOS lipbalm overall and what is the chance of your experiencing the same effects? Find out in our selected Weekly Dose of Beauty article:
- Should You Toss Your EOS Lipbalms? https://www.newbeauty.com/blog/dailybeauty/9139-should-you-toss-your-eos-lip-balms/