Five Steps to Great Winter Skin
Are you feeling the effects of winter on your skin? Our esthetician Jen offers the following helpful tips to make your skin both look and feel better this season:
- Drink up. Keeping your body hydrated during the winter is super important. 6-8 glasses of water per day.
- Try to stick with lukewarm water in your shower or bath. Hot water can take the natural oils out of your skin and make you feel even dryer.
- Take extra care of your face and body. Stay away from harsh soaps and try using a gentle cleanser or cleansing cream. Exfoliation once a week is good but over exfoliation can strip the skin. Apply a balm or moisturizing oil to the skin before bed. Stick to a lotion during the day as it absorbs better into the skin before applying clothing.
- Don’t forget about your lips. The lips hold in less moisture than the rest of your body. Try using a lip moisturizer like, Babylips, Burt’s Bees, or Elta UV Lip Moisturizer. If lips are extremely dry try brushing them lightly with an old toothbrush to remove dead skin buildup.
- Using a humidifier in your bedroom or sitting area can add extra moisture which can benefit not only your skin, but overall dryness to sinuses and the rest of the body.
Tags: dry skin, lipbalm, moisturizing, skincare, weekly dose of beauty, winter