- Drink up. Keeping your body hydrated during the winter is super important. 6-8 glasses of water per day.
- Try to stick with lukewarm water in your shower or bath. Hot water can take the natural oils out of your skin and make you feel even dryer.
- Take extra care of your face and body. Stay away from harsh soaps and try using a gentle cleanser or cleansing cream. Exfoliation once a week is good but over exfoliation can strip the skin. Apply a balm or moisturizing oil to the skin before bed. Stick to a lotion during the day as it absorbs better into the skin before applying clothing.
- Don’t forget about your lips. The lips hold in less moisture than the rest of your body. Try using a lip moisturizer like, Babylips, Burt’s Bees, or Elta UV Lip Moisturizer. If lips are extremely dry try brushing them lightly with an old toothbrush to remove dead skin buildup.
- Using a humidifier in your bedroom or sitting area can add extra moisture which can benefit not only your skin, but overall dryness to sinuses and the rest of the body.
Archive for January, 2018
They’re all the rage in yogurt ads, but did you know probiotics are also useful in helping to protect your skin? Learn all about how this helpful bacteria can lend a hand to your beauty routine in our Weekly Dose of Beauty.
- The Beauty Benefits of Probiotics You Didn’t Know About: https://www.newbeauty.com/blog/dailybeauty/9109-the-beauty-benefits-of-probiotics-you-didnt-know-about/
While your face and neck may be the first thing you think about when it comes to anti-aging treatments, there’s another place you might want to address to help you look your youngest. And that’s your hands! In this Weekly Dose of Beauty article, we learn about the common issues that can age your hands and the skincare treatments that help them look their best.
- Five Foolproof Ways to Keep Your Hands Looking Eternally Youthful:
Snaps of cold weather don’t just mean more shoveling, scraping and wearing more layers. It can also mean your skin takes a beating. So how do you protect it from what Old Man Winter dishes out? Find out in our weatherized Weekly Dose of Beauty article!
- 11 of the Easiest Skin Care Tips for Cold Weather: