February 16th, 2018
Looking to give your skin a lift in between your morning and evening beauty regimens? Check out the article selected for this Weekly Dose of Beauty, and see which eight facial mists were selected by New Beauty experts:
February 8th, 2018
Whether you’re working outside, enjoying the beach, or simply driving on the daily commute, your hands are the one part of your body that is almost consistently getting sun exposure– and that can lead to dark spots. In this Weekly Dose of Beauty, you’ll get the tips you need to prevent those dark spots from popping up, and for treating them if they’ve already made a grand appearance.
February 1st, 2018
Crepey skin… Its that thin, paper-like skin texture that seems looser or more crinkly than other skin. And if you’re in your 40s or older, you may already be noticing it on your arms, neck or thighs. But what causes it and how is it different from other skin? Our Weekly Dose of Beauty article tells you just that!
And now you’re wondering: what can you do to prevent or reduce your own crepey skin? Contact us for a personalized consultation!
January 25th, 2018
Are you feeling the effects of winter on your skin? Our esthetician Jen offers the following helpful tips to make your skin both look and feel better this season:
- Drink up. Keeping your body hydrated during the winter is super important. 6-8 glasses of water per day.
- Try to stick with lukewarm water in your shower or bath. Hot water can take the natural oils out of your skin and make you feel even dryer.
- Take extra care of your face and body. Stay away from harsh soaps and try using a gentle cleanser or cleansing cream. Exfoliation once a week is good but over exfoliation can strip the skin. Apply a balm or moisturizing oil to the skin before bed. Stick to a lotion during the day as it absorbs better into the skin before applying clothing.
- Don’t forget about your lips. The lips hold in less moisture than the rest of your body. Try using a lip moisturizer like, Babylips, Burt’s Bees, or Elta UV Lip Moisturizer. If lips are extremely dry try brushing them lightly with an old toothbrush to remove dead skin buildup.
- Using a humidifier in your bedroom or sitting area can add extra moisture which can benefit not only your skin, but overall dryness to sinuses and the rest of the body.
January 18th, 2018
They’re all the rage in yogurt ads, but did you know probiotics are also useful in helping to protect your skin? Learn all about how this helpful bacteria can lend a hand to your beauty routine in our Weekly Dose of Beauty.
January 12th, 2018
While your face and neck may be the first thing you think about when it comes to anti-aging treatments, there’s another place you might want to address to help you look your youngest. And that’s your hands! In this Weekly Dose of Beauty article, we learn about the common issues that can age your hands and the skincare treatments that help them look their best.
January 3rd, 2018
Snaps of cold weather don’t just mean more shoveling, scraping and wearing more layers. It can also mean your skin takes a beating. So how do you protect it from what Old Man Winter dishes out? Find out in our weatherized Weekly Dose of Beauty article!
December 20th, 2017
The holiday season… It seems like there’s never enough time to get everything done– including prepping for those holiday parties. But this Weekly Dose of Beauty article offers some helpful hints for getting ready quickie and effectively, so you can look your best and feel your most confident under those holiday lights.
December 15th, 2017
It’s the winter holidays– a time of fun, food, and possibly even some unwanted guests. No, not that kind! We’re talking the skin puffiness, fine lines and redness that come from the stress and indulgences of the season. So how do you ensure you and your skin keep looking your best throughout all the festivities? Check out this Weekly Dose of Beauty for some helpful tips:
December 7th, 2017
Want to be in on the hottest skincare products for your skin this season? MD Skincare Beauty Bags feature seasonal full sized skincare products handpicked by our estheticians. What a fun way to be introduced to new moisturizers, cleansers, serums, sunscreens, and exfoliators while trying the best of the best at up to 25% off the original price. Our Beauty Bags will change quarterly and are great not only for existing patients but can also be purchased as gifts. Contact us to purchase yours today!